Secured major customersIllovo group, Tiger Brands, Impala Platinum.
Our KZN branch is expanding rapidly and new premises were opened in August. We appointed 8 additional staff to ensure ongoing quality service to our customers. Weighcomm appointed as Master Distributor for the Avery Berkel Retail range of products!
Distribution rights to the Avery retail rangeWeighcomm obtains distribution rights to the Avery retail range of products
Accreditation has been granted in accordance with SANS 10378:2005 to Weighcomm Consultancy (Pty) Ltd(LTF0279) all the branches.(Randburg, Durban and Cape Town) click here for certificate
Market share continues to growWeighcomm’s market share continues to grow strong in Cape Town and Natal. Branches opened with additional dedicated and professional staff.LTF0279 Accreditation (first phase)
Weighcomm appointed as sole distributorfor the Avery group of companies in RSA and various other African countries.
The Avery Weigh-Tronix group was acquired by Weigh-Tronix Inc
Trade globally under the Avery Weigh-TronixThe Berkel company was acquired as a wholly owned GEC subsidiary, and combined with GEC Avery Ltd to trade globally under the Avery Weigh-Tronix name.
First UK manufacture of retail scalewith networking facility and data capture facilities
1982 – First volume production retail scale with integral printer and PLU(price look up).
W&T Avery became part of the GEC GroupMajor investment to increase production of electronic weighing machines.
First digital retail scale in volume production.
First load cell weighbridges made at Soho.
Death of W E T Averylast family member actively involved with the company. It now employs more than 3,000 people.
First ticket printing steelyardProduced the first ticket printing steelyard in 1885. The company now employs more than 700 people.
First Avery weighbridge designedand made by Mr A W Brown, and ex Boulton & Watt apprentice.
Acquire Atlas Foundryin West Bromwich to carry out iron founding.
Business expandsand acquires more premises in Digbeth and opens a London branch Hatton Garden in 1837. The company now employs almost 200 people.
Business transferred to William AveryAs the Industrial Revolution gathered momentum, the business was transferred to William Avery, soon joined by his brother Thomas, who traded under the name W&T Avery.
James Ford established a business as a maker of 'stilliards'.in Digbeth, Birmingham, described at the time as a city with a ‘more varied and lively industrial life than any other city in the world’. (However, the company has roots stretching as far back as 1670 and Charkes de Grave who had a shop near St Paul’s Cathedral.
Business passes to Joseph Baldenwho married Mary Avery.
James Ford retiresand the business passes to William Barton and then toThomas Beach in 1782.